The Dethalbum is the debut album by the virtual band Dethklok from the television show Metalocalypse. It was released on September 25, 2007. The album features full-length songs from the television series, as well as previously unreleased tracks. Antonio Canobbio contributed the artwork for the record.
The album debuted at number 21 on the Billboard 200 chart, with 33,740 copies sold in its first week. The Dethalbum was also streamed 45,000 times when it went live on AOL Music during the week of its release. The album has sold over 172,427 copies.
An earlier, shorter version of the song "Thunderhorse" is featured on Guitar Hero II. It is used in the game without the extra vocal effects such as echo that were in the final version.
In July 2008, Williams Street began selling a vinyl version of the Dethalbum on their online store. This version contains every song from the standard album, along with the "Gulf Danzig" remix of "Go into the Water."
- Virtual: All songs written by Dethklok, except "Kill You" written by Pickles, Snizzy Snazz Bullets, Tony Thunderbottom, and Sammy Twinskins.
- Actual: All songs written by Brendon Small, except additional lyrics written by Tommy Blacha on "Deththeme" and "Birthday Dethday".
2:Go into the Water 4:20
5:Go Forth and Die 4:22
7:Better Metal Snake 3:27
8:The Lost Vikings 4:26
10:Briefcase Full of Guts 2:44
11:Birthday Dethday 2:48
14:Face Fisted 4:17
- iTunes version of deluxe, including all songs from The Dethalbum, the "Bloodrocuted" video, and only 3 of the 7 bonus songs.
- Brendon Small – vocals, guitars, bass guitars, keyboards, voice-over
- Gene Hoglan – drums
- Emilie Autumn – violins on "Dethharmonic"
- Tommy Blacha – voice-over
- Produced by Ulrich Wild and Brendon Small
- Engineered and Mixed by Ulrich Wild,
- Mixed at Noize In The Attic. Assisted by Raider.
- Line Producer Ryan Page
- Assistant Engineer Extraordinaire- Mike Gerlach
- Mastered by Tom Baker at Precision Mastering in Los Angeles
- Recorded at Bombshelter Studios in Los Angeles